9/13/2015

Metaphor and Similes

Metaphor and Similes 

     In Analogical thinking we have Metaphor and Similes. Metaphor is to say that something is the same as some unrelated thing for example " life is a rollercoaster ". Similes is to say that something share some usual habit or similarity with somethings like "She is as beautiful as a rose". In our class we practiced this subject and it was really fun. This was some example I found on internet which was nice and easy to understand.
mrswarnerarlington.weebly.com

ehssjadej.edublogs.org

  For me, these two kind of analogical thinking were very useful. When ever you wanted to explain something more clearly you ought to use metaphor and similes.
  I went through my painting and found some picture which I could use to explain the simile and this was what I found.
as strong as lion

as fat as ballon

as cold as ghost

as dumb as a rock

as tough as a superman

as blank as a paper
I really like how my painting expressed those similes, it was very funny. In Thailand we had this kind of uses in language to but I didn't find it this fun maybe because English wasn't my mother language so I had to find a proper word which related to my sentence. to sum up this lesson, Metaphor and Similes were really useful not only fun but also helpful when use to explain something to make it more clear and easy to understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment