9/08/2015

Analogical Thinking and A Day In Museum


Analogical Thinking

3 September 2015,

       When learning analogical thinking I had to change how I look at everyday stuffs and try to find its characteristic, emotions and things that related to it. We did some exercises in class on this topic which were really fun. The exercises that I like the most was the one that we had to draw some day life subject in a different forms which created emotions to it. I chose 3 subjects (candle, clock and pencil).

my sketches

14 September 2015

     On Thursday after I finished my extra class I went to 8q to find an artwork which expressed some emotions as I had learnt in creative thinking class. I arrived at 8q around 5 pm so I went in and start discovered the museum. First room was an libraly-like-installation which you could actually borrowed some books. I headed upstairs to second floor and went into a room filled with little children making origami and playing chess. In this room I found some stuff with expression in it.


8Q Museum



This one look like a happy face :)

Shock

After that I found something quite interesting in the other room. It was a music cords placed beside illustrations made from brush stroke which created a strong feeling.

fear

confused



The next exhibition I went in was scary. It was a flower made from artist's skin place inside glass cover in a dark room. despite the scary look, it made me felt calm and chilled while looking at it.


calm
After that I headed to SAM(Singapore Arts Museum)to find more interesting pieces and this was what I found.
SAM

This painting has a very strong feeling which I think is PROUD.

Anxiety


Depress

sad

angry
It was fun to observe around museum and use my imagination to look for emotions in artwork I had walked by many times.








  

No comments:

Post a Comment